How is our sense of smell connected with our mind and body? The sixth edition of Nez looks at perfume’s therapeutic and spiritual roles, and explores the influence of odours in our daily lives on our health, our mood and our emotions.
THE NOSE OF AUTHORS
Literature and perfume, an age-old love story.
Making good use of their noses, each in their own manner contributes to the world of olfaction.
Everything you always wanted to know about smell but were afraid to ask.
- The Story of Vanillin
- The Lily, a mute royal Flower
- Analysing the smells of exercise
Invisible yet undeniable, smells feature in all creative fields.
- Andy Warhol’s permanent Smell Collection
- Banho de Cheiro, Invigoration for Mind and Body
- Scents of the amazon captured by Thierry Ardouin
- Yu hui tseng, Tea Master
- ‘Avant-garden’, the Perfumery of the Future
- Papuan Spirits at the Quai Branly Museum in Paris
Olfactory Column by Céline Ellena
Exploring the world of perfume through its origins, its trade secrets, its history and its professionals.
- Patchouli : an endangered treasure
- Interview: Isabelle doyen
- Flashback: the 1980s
- The Fantasy Perfumery
MIND & BODY
Examining the relationship between our nose, our body and our mind through the prism of history, health, research, religion and psychoanalysis.
- Interview with Annick le Guérer : Perfume, the original medicine
- A nose for ailments : Using odour to screen for disease
- The Debate about Aromatherapy : Can essential oils really be dangerous?
- Scents with superpowers : How do perfumers influence our Emotions?
- A pure Mind in a polluted Body : incense, smoke… the Smells of the Sacred
- The Subconscious of Scent : what our Fragrances eveal about us
From consumer products to works of art, Nez takes a look behind the scenes of the perfume industry, and also appraises the 30 new fragrances making the news.
- Investigation: Scent Marketing, a Secret Weapon of Mass Seduction
- Behind the Brand Neela Vermeire Créations
- Genealogy: L’Origan by Coty
- The Selection: What’s new, and our Picks: perfumes, cosmetics and Home Fragrance
Point of view : The deceptive sense